At Heritage House, our goal is to help our residents maintain or improve their level of functioning in order to help them lead more active and independent lives. Our excellent therapists and state of the art equipment will help you transition to home as soon as possible.
On-site services include:
- Physical therapy restores function for individuals who have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction. Individualized therapeutic treatment may include:
- Training in mobility, stability, posture and positioning
- Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range-of-motion
- Wound care
- Pain management
Occupational therapy assists individuals by helping them adapt to their social and physical environment. Therapists enhance patient functionality through:
- Education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement in order to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions
- Daily living activities designed to ease your transition home including cooking, cleaning and other basics
Speech and language pathologists address general communication issues and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed for individual needs, such as:
- Recovery of speech, language and memory skills
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, including programs for the hearing impaired
- Oral muscle strength and functioning required for speaking and swallowing
- Appropriate diet recommendations
Have a Question?
We are always here to answer any questions you may have regarding our communities and services.
Simply submit a form and we’ll be in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.